For instance – you normally only watch RomCom’s? Try an action flick with a hunky hero or hot heroine.
You only read thrillers or suspense? Try a romantic thriller or heck, go way out there and try a nonfiction book. I read Nudge this year and it was interesting. I very rarely read non-fiction.
Never tried your hand at art? How about a painting or heck color something. The painting here is called “A Day at the Farmer’s Market” I painted it after seeing these two ladies arguing over which color mums to buy.
Or maybe you like the idea of a clean slate the new year brings? If so, read on (the rest of you can pop a beer or pour a glass of wine at this point).
In the corporate world goal setting took place late fall every year. There were mandatory goals such as company profits and safety and then a section for personal and professional development goals. Well, since I’m no longer in the corporate world – here are my goals for 2013:
- Finish the edits and publish Book 1 – Shadow Dance by end of February
- Write 3 novels – book 2 and 3 in the shadow walkers series and the first book of a trilogy based on the end of the world – it’s fun and snarky along with the dark vibe
- Make my word count every week
- Post to this blog and my www.wickedgreensmoothies.com blog twice a month
- Participate in NaNoWriMo again (National Novel Writing Month)
- Take time for me – movies, massage, girl’s night out, etc.
I’ll check in to report my progress as the year progresses.
What are your goals for the year? Do you set goals?
And on the trying something new concept – I will give one of those goofy comedy’s a try. Normally I say “this is so not funny” while my friends are laughing their heads off. Also, I’m going to try a fruit and vegetable I’ve never eaten before.